Matthew L. Boyd
Matt specializes in bankruptcy and insolvency matters, civil litigation (both State and Federal Courts), business transactions, asset protection, and contested probate matters. He has frequently presented at seminars for the American Bankruptcy Institute and Federal Bar Association, speaking on valuation standards for secured creditors (2015), hot topics in commercial bankruptcy (2016), property of the bankruptcy estate (2018), and automatic stay and discharge violations (2019). He also is a co-author of the “Debt Collections and Bankruptcy Issues” chapter in the 2015, 2017, and 2019 publications of the Institute of Continuing Legal Education’s Michigan Business Formbook, Third Edition.
Matt’s specific practice experience includes:
- Representation of creditors, individual and business debtors (Chapter 7, 11, and 13), and Chapter 7 Trustees in both the Eastern and Western District of Michigan.
- Representation of lending institutions and business owners in litigation and transactional matters, including all asset sales and loan workouts.
- Representation of fiduciaries and petitioners in contested probate litigation, including will and trust challenges.
- Appointment as a receiver by the 13th Circuit Court of Michigan and representation of court-appointed receivers.
- Appellate practice in the Michigan Court of Appeals and Michigan Supreme Court.
- Business formation and governance.
- Real estate transactions.
Juris Doctor, Wayne State University Law School, 2009
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, Western District of Michigan
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Michigan, Western District of Michigan