- Bachelor of Arts, Michigan State University, 2005
- Juris Doctor, Wayne State University Law School, 2009
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Michigan, Western District of Michigan
- 2021 Super Lawyers Rising Star
Matthew L. Boyd
Matt specializes in bankruptcy and insolvency matters, civil litigation (both State and Federal Courts), business transactions, asset protection, and contested probate matters. He has frequently presented at seminars for the American Bankruptcy Institute and Federal Bar Association, speaking on valuation standards for secured creditors (2015), hot topics in commercial bankruptcy (2016), property of the bankruptcy estate (2018), and automatic stay and discharge violations (2019). He also is a co-author of the “Debt Collections and Bankruptcy Issues” chapter in the 2015, 2017, and 2019 publications of the Institute of Continuing Legal Education’s Michigan Business Formbook, Third Edition and co-author of “Chapter 7: Representing Creditors in Chapter 11 Business Cases” chapter in the 2020 publication of the Institute of Continuing Legal Education’s Handling Consumer and Small Business Bankruptcies in Michigan.