The Taunt Law Firm is proud to announce the Dean R. Nelson, Jr. successfully completed the requirements for national certification in Consumer Bankruptcy Law.
The American Board of Certification (ABC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the public and improving the quality of the bankruptcy bar. The rigorous ABC certification standards are designed to encourage bankruptcy practitioners to strive toward excellence and to recognize those attorneys who are experts in the bankruptcy field.
To become certified, Dean satisfied the following requirements:
• Full time practice of law for at least 5 years;
• Good standing in the bars of all states in where a license to practice law is held;
• Devoted at least 30% of practice time & at least 400 hours to bankruptcy related matters in the last 3 years;
• Documented involvement in the practice of consumer bankruptcy law;
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing legal education by earning at least 60 hours of bankruptcy education in the past 3 years; and,
• Passed an extensive, day-long written examination covering consumer bankruptcy issues.